Candidates must be at least 21 years of age and be able to obtain and maintin a gaming license with the Choctaw Gaming Commission.
Poker Dealer School will start May 6th, sign up will end April 26th.
Poker Room opportunities available at Pearl River Resort
Completing the training is not considered a guarantee of employment.
Poker Dealer School is offered as a FREE service and an opportunity to learn a trade.
For more information or to inquire about the Poker Dealer School, please contact the Employment Center at 601-663-0131.
Responsible for dealing the games played in the Poker Room, including Poker, 7 Card Stud, and others and handling guests cash transactions in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures and Gaming Regulations.
Pearl River Resort Associates are required, on a continual basis to…
Adhere to any and all company and departmental policies, practices and procedures.
Contribute to a safe work environment, through compliance with established safety guidelines, identifying potential safety hazards, and reporting same to the appropriate person for proper resolution.
Maintain a professional departmental, company and community reputation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Deals the Poker games in accordance with company policies and procedures; greets new guests players providing information about the game; answers any questions and provides instructions to the players as needed.
· Promotes positive relations on a continual basis by calling for servers, chip runners, maintaining clean area.
· Advises Supervisor when cash exchanges are made, counting down coin, and/or chips to be transferred.
· Responsible for collecting the rake at the end of each bet and upon completion of the game, dropping the rake into the table drop box; assures accuracy of the rake count.
· Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the game, and providing an enjoyable experience for the players.
· Knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, etc.) and attendant regulations as well as the Company’s internal controls, policies and procedures.
· Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality.
· Leads by setting a positive example to all Associates.
· Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
AGE and GAMING:
21 years of age or above
Gaming property – Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license issued by the Choctaw Gaming Commission.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED is preferred. One (1) year experience as a Poker Dealer or completion of an acceptable Poker Dealer School is required.
Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Auditions may be given to test stated abilities. Must know all rules and dealing procedures for all poker games being spread in the Poker Room – 7 card stud, Texas Hold-Em, and Omaha and all variations of these games. Must be familiar with and know all rules for dealing tournaments.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as reach cards and chips at each ends of the poker table, lift or maneuver at least twenty-five (25) pounds, walk or stand for 50% of the assign shift. Bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing and pulling required throughout shift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is loud. When on the casino floor or other designated areas may be subjected to tobacco smoke.
Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Associates must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.